I have been on the fence about purchasing Maybelline's nude palette for a while now. At less than $11, it is very tempting to pick one up at the drugstore but I haven't really heard great things about it. So, I decided to wait for something else. Eventually, the L'Oreal La Palette Nude 1 &2 launched and I went out to get them both because I've heard nothing but good things about the pigmentation and lasting power. Then, Maybelline came out with the Blushed Nudes and the palette caught my attention from the first time I saw it.
I am a sucker for pink and rosegold so it would only make sense for me to check it out. Frankly, I have been to Rite Aid, CVS and Target a handful of times when I physically grabbed it but I was just so afraid that I wouldn't like it so I ended up leaving without it. But I finally built up some courage and I picked it up at a Rite Aid in Brooklyn yesterday. I couldn't wait to get home to swatch it!
Here is my honest first impression of Maybelline's Blushed Nudes Palette:
- I think that the price reflects the quality of the product and it's a great price tag for 12 shadows.
- The colors are beautiful and unique within the high street market.
- The shades in the top row aren't very pigmented. It took me about 4-5 swatches to even get the colors to match how it looks like in the pans.
- The colors in the bottom row have a good pigmentation.
- I used the palette for the first time today and the colors stayed on after 8+ hours (with primer) so that's a plus!
- Would I buy it again? Most likely no because there are a handful of affordable palettes that have better color pay off.