I finally gave into the temptation of starting a monthly favorites post and I am so excited! Lately, I have been in a nude phase- from my eyeshadows to my lippies and nail polish. I am already a fan of natural looking makeup and during the warmers months, my obsession for neutrals is even more highlighted. Most of my makeup favorites this month are drugstore items and a sole high end product (can you spot it in the photo above?).
- Rimmel BB Cream Radiance- Unlike some, I don't think I'll ever get bored of bb creams. I don't really have a problematic skin (on my face, at least) so there isn't a dire need to get maximum coverage. I admit to hoarding a few already and this bb cream is the newest addition. I really like Rimmel face makeup and it's a bummer that we don't get most of the items that they offer in the UK. Their items are definitely what I'd love to try. With that said, when I spotted this bb cream at the store, I just had to grab it. It comes in 4 shades and is supposed to prime, conceal, smooth, awaken tired skin, moisturize for 24 hours, brighten skin and leave a radiant finish. I have used it on multiple occasions and yes, it does give a dewy glow and makes my face look more awake and brighter. However, it doesn't conceal much because it has a natural look.
- Rimmel Lasting Finish 25HR Foundation With Comfort Serum- Out of all makeup products in my collection, the one category that takes up the most space is foundation. I am a believer in drugstore foundations. I know that there are more than a handful of high end cult classics but I prefer buying high street foundations. The Lasting Finish 25HR Foundation by Rimmel has become one of my holy grail products. I love almost everything about it: the smell, the way it feels on my skin, the lasting power and how it looks on me. The only disappointment I have with this is that it doesn't have a pump (the UK version does!). I am actually already looking to stock up on this because I am noticing that it's quite a hard item to come across.
- Wet N Wild Blush N Glow Trio in Sunset Junction- I was actually on the hunt for Wet N Wild's limited edition color icons eyeshadows from their spring 2015 collection when I spotted this item. I always pick up whatever's new from Wet N Wild because when they do something right, it's freaking amazing! I love that all of their products don't cost more than $6! I find myself using this a lot- it's beautiful! The bronzer doesn't apply orangey and the highlighter does the job well. I couldn't be happier with this purchase!
- Stila Eyes are The Window Palette (Soul)- As I mentioned in my previous post, I have been eying this palette for months and I recently bought it. I have nothing bad to say about it: the packaging is gorgeous (it looks and feels luxe), the formulation is brilliant and the pigmentation doesn't disappoint. There are 12 shades in the palette and I feel that Stila managed to put a generous amount in the pans. I don't feel bad about spending $50 on this palette.
- Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Eye Liner- I received this item as a part of Sephora's Favorites gift box for Christmas. I didn't really start reaching for it until recently. I am not a fussy person when it comes to eyeliner because I already know which ones work for me (NYC's liquid eye liner is my ultimate go to black liner). I just noticed that this liner also works really well for me. It's not as black as I'd like but on some days, the shade is just what I want.
- L'Oreal Magic Lumi Highlighting Concealer- I decided to pick this up out of sheer curiosity. I always use just regular concealers for my under eye area so I wanted to see how something like this will work on me. I also put this onto the bridge of my nose as a highlighter. I really like the end result after application. I also really love how well it blends.
- Milani Color Statement Lipstick in Nude Creme- If you follow us on Instagram, you know that Milani is a recent discovery for me. I have always been aware of the brand and I always see their products at the drugstores but for reasons unknown, I never really got into it until this year (shocking, I know!). I have started quite the Milani lippie collection and one of the newest color I got is Nude Creme which is a pinky nude shade. I love it- I think it suits me so well.
- Wet N Wild Megalast Lipstick in Bare It All- Do I even have to talk about how amazing the Megalast Lipsticks are? If you don't know, these are THE BEST lipsticks you will ever buy for $2. Wet N Wild lipsticks lasts longer on my lips than my high end lipsticks! I have almost every shade and I do really like all of them a lot. But since I have a thing for nudes, I use this almost everyday for work.
- Wet N Wild Megalast Lipstick in In the Flesh- I bought this because it was one of the very few that I didn't have yet. Secondly, I bought this because the name caught my attention (In the Flesh sounds like a nude) but it doesn't look like a nude-nude (am I making sense here?). It looks more like an extremely lighter version of their shade Rum Raisin. With that said, it actually looks like a nude on my lips. I have been using this shade on weekends.
- Wet N Wild Megalast Nail Polish- Lately, I've been finding myself buying a couple of their summery colors here and there. But what I've been using lately is the shade ________. I have a special attachment to this particular shade because it was the color I wore when Michael proposed to me. Also, it lasts on my nails for more than a week.