I have never quite been so insistent on jumping on a drugstore product bandwagon until the L'Oreal La Palette Nude 1 & 2 came out. I am familiar with Maybelline's Nudes Palette but I'm not really interested in it. Last week, I heard so much about the new L'Oreal palettes and a lot of people I trust when it comes to first impressions really liked them so therefore making me eager to get them. As mentioned in my previous post, the fact that L'Oreal was 40% off at the time really made the purchase quite attractive. I went to three different drugstore locations to see if there were any left- I was able to get both but from different locations. I've had the chance to play around with both but I seem to gravitate towards this palette more. I really like the purple shades. I've been wearing shades from this palette all this week and I love it.
What I like about it:
- The colors in this palette are beautiful. I love all of them.
- They are build-able: I don't find the formulation very pigmented which is okay because I'd rather build up than redoing my eyeshadow again because I put too much.
- It has not creased on my lids (used with a primer).
- The swatches you get are true to the colors you see on the pans.
What I don't like about it:
- I found a couple of the shadows to be more powdery than I prefer.