Wow! I just realized how long ago it was since my last beauty blog post! I apologize for the 3 people who read these things- I have been quite busy (which I will explain why, hopefully in my next post). That said, I've definitely been doing a lot of shopping in the past 38 days (quite contrary to my previous favorites post). Although, not every item in my October favorites is a high-end product, I did get carried away at Sephora and came home with a bunch of things that I had been eyeing for months and I am excited to share it with you!
- Foundation- I had mentioned it before and I will say it again now, I LOVE Rimmel's Lasting Finish 25 Hour Skin Perfecting Full Coverage Foundation. It has been a very important part of my makeup routine that I am actually on my third bottle right now. It works so well with my skin. It blends easily, it does give me full coverage, I like how it smells and it's been put to the test- it stays on even after 8 hours! I cannot say more great things about it.
- Concealer- I have been using two concealers recently and they are Maybelline's Master Conceal and Wet N Wild's Cover All Correcting Palette. I've been using the yellow concealer in Wet N Wild's correcting palette as an under eye concealer while using Maybelline's camouflage concealer on top of my foundation. I've only been using these products for a month and so far, I really like how it works on me. This particular concealer from Maybelline is great- it doesn't fade off nor does it sink into creases.
- Eye Shadow- One of the things I picked up from my Sephora haul was Urban Decay's Naked Palette. I LOVED and used to death their Naked 2 palette so I wanted to try the first one. I'm really glad that I decided to get this one because I think I may actually like it more than Naked 2! The colors are gorgeous, the formulation is amazing and the product has such great color pay-off- if you are on the fence about these Naked palettes, I suggest you go to Sephora and get yourself the original palette. The $55 price tag is worth it.
- Mascara- I am still in love with Benefit's Roller Lash! I already said why the love is strong for this particular item in my previous beauty post so let's move onto the next one.
- Lipsticks- Some people are mascara fanatics, some are lashes addicts- I am a lipstick junkie. In fact, I am a sucker for anything lip related: lipsticks, lip glosses, lip stains, lip balms, lip lacquers... I have A LOT of them. Recently, I added these to my collection: Dulce Caramelo by Milani, Wham! by Too Faced (part of holiday gift trio) and Plush Plum by L'Oreal from their Nude Balm collection. I've been using these three products a lot! I always appreciate a good nude shade and I think Wham! and Plush Plum are perfect for the seasonal transition. They both have a berry color but not too vampy.
- Skin care- I actually don't like to change my skin care routine because I have very sensitive skin and I also have eczema. The only brand I know won't cause reactions is Cetaphil but I've heard many positive reviews about First Aid Beauty so I decided to try their products. I bought the holiday gift set from Sephora and I really like it. I've been using the Intense Therapy Ultra Repair Cream and the Ultra Repair Hydra-Firm Sleeping Cream daily and my skin has been feeling softer than usual. I think I'll continue to purchase these items.
- Toner/Facial Mist- I was sent this item along a couple of other Elemis products to try: the Pro Collagen Marine Face Cream, Instant Refreshing Gel and Soothing Apricot Toner. I LOVED their face cream and was so excited to try it! I've heard so much about it and the buzz wasn't just hype. I used it all up before I could even write anything about it. Why am I on a tangent?! Anyway, I am new to the world of facial mists and have only used Avene's facial spray so I am not the person to start making recommendations. However, I do know that I REALLY like the Soothing Apricot Toner by Elemis. I bring it to work with me and in the middle of the day, I spray it and it really does make such a difference to how I feel in general. I'm the type to start feeling groggy around lunch time and this definitely makes me feel more awake. I also love how it smells! It reminds me of a spa!
- Perfume- I cannot even begin to tell you how much I LOVE perfumes and glass bottles. I used to have a hoarding problem- I am not even kidding you. I used to have a perfume for every day of the week and I choose one depending on how I feel that particular day. One day, I was organizing my room and realized that I was crazy and got rid of 90% of the perfumes I had but never really used. Remember I said that I am a lipstick junkie? Well, I'm also a perfume junkie. I LOVE things that smell good (who doesn't?)! But now, instead of having a cabinet full of perfumes, I use one perfume at a time. I know it sounds crazy but it can be done! My perfume for the past couple of months had been Sonia Kashuk's Pink Innocencia. I love it because it's floral, a bit sweet and sophisticated. Its price also makes it a perfect perfume for every day use.
- Lixa Ring by Moon & Lola from RocksBox- The lovely ladies from RocksBox were so nice to give me 3 months of complimentary samples from their jewelry subscription services. Although I was given 3 months of free service, I only received 2 because it took me so long to return the first box. I liked most of the items I was sent but I REALLY love the Lixa Ring by Moon & Lola! It's so dainty and sparkly, I LOVE it! I've been wearing it to work, in place of my engagement ring.